WHAT IS ACNE?
Acne is the most common of skin conditions and affects teenagers as well as some adults. It is the most often localised on the face and thorax but is also found on the torso and scalp. Acne appears when:
- The sebaceous gland produces fat under the influence of hormones
- The follicular canal is blocked and prevents the normal elimination of sebum, creating micro cysts and blackheads
- The proliferation of microbial agents causes an inflammation
The bacteria responsible for acne is called Propionibacterium Acnes.
HOW IS ACNE TREATED?
Acne is treated through tackling of the Propionibacterium Acnes bacteria.
- Local treatment and lifestyle: a healthy lifestyle contributes to a reduction of the effects of acne.
- Diet: when an individual suffers from acne, it is necessary to change his eating habits by eating foods known to promote skin healing and health. Avoid fatty foods and alcohol.
- LED: Blue LED’s work on the P. Acnes bacteria porphyrins and kill them. Red LED’s go deep enough to reach the sebaceous glands and have an anti-inflammatory effect. Scars related to acne are also greatly reduced. This treatment is painless and offers durable results to the patient.